Financial Assistance to the Students
- Dr.Vipul Narang
- Dr. Naresh Gandhi
- Dr.Kavita Devi
- Mr. Shavinder Singh
- Mrs. Saroj Rani
All the services are free of cost to the teacher trainees and the schools. All the necessary expenses include Xeroxing, filing, and correspondence for organizing campus interviews are made by the institution. As far as budgetary provisions are concerned, the college spends liberally on placement drive. Scholarships are received from Director Public Instruction (Punjab), Sports Scholarship Panjab University, Chandigarh. Book Bank facility and financial assistance for needy students
A book bank facility is made available in the college from where the students get free books for the complete one session.
The College has a Students’ Representative body and it has been aptly named as “Student Council”. The student council gives the students a voice – a platform to be heard. Through it they involve themselves in multifarious duties that the college demands of them.
- Vice President
- Joint Secretary
- Class Representatives
Major Activities of the Student Council include:
- To assist maintaining Discipline, Conducting Assemblies and functions acting as link between faculty and students, conducting functions, reporting issues demanding attention, representing students where needed, act as aides to the Principal, dedicated service towards the college etc.
- To bring to the notice of concerned authorities, the problems and difficulties faced by the students
- To express views regarding overall working of the college and its improvement.
- Funds are provided as per the needs.
Academically low achievers are identified by the teachers on the basis of their performance in class tests, snap tests and house examination. Following measures are taken for the betterment of such students:
- The tutorials and remedial classes are conducted for these students to provide support in difficult areas of learning,
- Students are encouraged to sharpen their listening and writing skills and to improve communication skills to overcome language barriers.
- Adequate practice work is given to these students.
- Additional Reading material and simplified notes. Quick revision points prepared by the faculty members.
- Individual attention is being paid to them.
- Providing Friendly environment for Motivation and confidence building.
- Slow learners may approach the concerned teachers during their free periods.
- Psycho-social counselling is also provided by teachers and a qualified counsellor to students whose studies get adversely affected by personal or emotional problems.
They are provided enrichment programmes where the advanced learners are provided additional assignments, duties and platforms to exhibit their academic potential such as quizzes, debates, elocution. They are rewarded for their achievements in the annual function